Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Guest Leader Panel

Luckily, last week during our guest panel I took notes, so I guess that'll be really helpful when talking about the two points that I took away

Take-away #1: "People are going to disagree with you or you aren't doing anything right". I thought this was a really powerful statement... and one of the biggest challenges of leadership within our chapters and our community. I find it extremely difficult to face rejection from my own brothers- to have my own brothers upset about something I said or did. It's really difficult, but at the end of the day, you can't please everyone and you have to "break a few eggs to make an omelette". Sometimes it's important to make the unpopular decisions if they're the right ones.

Take-away #2: "Always Have Fun". With all of the serious talks we have about congruence, leadership, elevation, integrity... it's sometimes easy to get wrapped up in all of our community's or chapter's problems... we need to remember that we joined social organizations meant to provide meaning and happiness to our lives at many levels, including a socially. "Having Fun" doesn't mean (and shouldn't mean) only alcoholic events... but just spending time with your brothers or sisters and providing meaning and happiness to your day. I know that sometimes I get wrapped up in the looming problems... but it's important to enjoy life every second of every day because you never know what's waiting around the corner (see blog below).

I thoroughly enjoyed our guest panel and hope that one day I'll be able to confidently say that I too impacted our Greek community.

No comments:

Post a Comment